[mercury-users] Mercury 0.11.0 RPMs

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Tue Feb 3 12:44:05 AEDT 2004

recently bashed the Mercury developers for being unwilling to provide
.RPMs.

I basically wanted to tell him he was nuts, but made the mistake of
quoting the
ftp://ftp.mercury.cs.mu.os.au/pub/mercury/mercury-compiler-0.11.0-1.i386.rpm
URL from them
http:/www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/download/release.html
web page, without reading the fine print that said "(Note that some of
these URLs will be dangling links until we have installed all the binary
distributions)".

I was able to recover my position somewhat by pointing out that .RPMs
have been provided since 0.9.1, but I'd like to win a complete victory.

I have one Ultra running Solaris 2.8 and another running Solaris 2.9,
so RPMs aren't of any particular interest to me, but I would like to
be able to say
    Yes, the Mercury team have not only made a practice of providing
    .RPMs but will be doing this for 0.11.x as well
    and you can expect one within the next (few days/weeks/months/whatever).

Congratulations to the Mercury team who keep on doing amazing things.