[mercury-users] YesLogic Prince 2.0

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Tue May 27 21:15:44 AEST 2003

Hi all,

Today we have released Prince 2.0, the second version of our XML+CSS
formatter for producing PDF and PostScript.

Prince 2.0 has these exciting new features:

 * Graphical User Interface for Microsoft Windows
 * Multi-Column Layout and Floating Blocks
 * Lists, Counters and Generated Content
 * Page Headers / Footers and Duplex Printing
 * Many additional CSS properties and selectors

>From a Mercury point of view, this is the first version which processes
font metrics as a native Windows application using the Win32 API rather
than relying on FreeType (the Linux version of course still uses it).

Writing Win32 applications in Mercury turns out to be considerably easier
than writing them in C at any rate, as font enumeration callbacks can
happily pass around lists and other Mercury data structures that would be
extremely painful to process in a pure C implementation. Thanks guys!

Cheers,

Michael Day

--
YesLogic Prince prints XML!