[mercury-users] installation failure

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu May 8 16:26:50 AEST 2003

On 07-May-2003, Tom Wouters <tom.wouters1 at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:
> Today i was trying to compile Mercury 0.11.1-beta-2003-04-06 from
> source. 5hours into 'make install' it suddenly aborts.
> (the last screen of output is below)
>
> i'm wondering if this might be caused by the mono .NET environnement i
> have installed on my debian.

Yes.  Currently the "configure" test to check whether an appropriate
version of the various .NET tools is installed is not sufficient.

> also, i don't need the il-backend, therefor, could disabeling .NET
> support in the config solve this problem and allow me to complete the
> installation?

In fact we deliberately install the .NET support as the last step of the
installation.  So all of the other parts of the install have already completed.
If you get an error during the installation of the .NET versions of
the libraries, and you don't need them, you can just ignore the error message.