[mercury-users] "You meant" search software?

Douglas Auclair dauclair at msn.com
Thu Feb 20 09:20:56 AEDT 2003

Dear all,

I need to do searches on strings that may not be a perfect match, e.g. that
are close but different because of misspellings or because of a
juxtaposition of letters or only a part of the string.

I have heard about libraries that do this (I believe some Lisps and Prolog
systems replace syntactically/semantically incorrect symbols with correct
ones automatically), but haven't found any references or (more importantly)
source code on the 'net.  Does someone have a reference to this kind of
software?

Thanks,
Doug Auclair