[mercury-users] Many data elements using Mercury on cygwin?

Douglas Auclair dauclair at msn.com
Thu Feb 6 04:02:34 AEDT 2003

Dear all,

I'm scanning a file line-by-line, converting it into a typed-relation, and
then adding that relation into a list.  These files are 1 megabyte.

Mercury 0.10.1 on Cygwin using --asm-fast segfaults after scanning ~5000 or
~~10000 records (depending on which machine I'm using) out of a total of
~~45000 records.

Details:  I'm using read-line/3 to get the next line, the typed-relation has
three elements:  2 ints and one string (no longer than 200 characters), and
my list add is using concatenation, not append/3 (so: Ans = [Element|List]).

I don't think cygwin has ulimit.  Does it?  Are there obvious things I'm
doing wrong with allocation?  How can I manage many large records in
Mercury?

I also tried the "Emacs" solution:  I inserted the data-file into a Mercury
module as list construction:
Ans = [item(1, 100, "Foo"), ...].

But then the compiler segfaulted.  Any other suggestions?

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair