[mercury-users] .mh files

Peter Moulder Peter.Moulder at infotech.monash.edu.au
Thu Aug 21 14:20:07 AEST 2003

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 08:59:19PM +1000, Michael Day wrote:

> Is there a way to make the .mh files live in the Mercury directory instead
> of cluttering up the current directory?
>
> I build with mmc --make --use-grade-subdirs, and get one .mh file per
> module, which is quite inconvenient as they get in the way and I cannot
> see how to make them live somewhere else. Any tips?

I wasn't aware of this Mercury directory feature until today.  What I've
been doing is to use a symlink farm for build directories.  (E.g. using
lndir or "ln -s $(find .. -name ...) .".)

One benefit of having separate directories is allowing different
Mmake.params files in each build directory, or having different
implementations of option predicates like `runtime_checks_enabled'.

pjm.