[mercury-users] Using not installed libraries

Ondrej Bojar oboj7042 at ss1000.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Apr 3 21:14:34 AEST 2003

Hi.

The scenario of using libraries as described in the current snapshot of
Users' Guide is very nice. However, if a library is still under the
development, it would be nicer to have also a chance to use the library
when not installed yet.

In the Mmakefile where the library should be used, I'd love to write
something like:

EXTRA_NONINSTALLED_LIBRARIES=foo
EXTRA_NONINSTALLED_LIB_DIRS= /sdfasdf/sdf/sdg/dfg

I guess, there is a way how to setup appropriate inclusion directories for
all those mmc, mgnuc, to do the same thing, but I don't know how to set
the variables in a clean way. I mess around and always end up on a .mih or
.intX missing.

Thanks, Andrew.