[mercury-users] SEC: UNCLASSIFIED:-

Ian.Sykes at defence.gov.au Ian.Sykes at defence.gov.au
Wed Oct 30 10:28:51 AEDT 2002

Thanks Fergus and Vic.
The platform is likely to be a re-cycled laptop, probably a P2 running
Debian or Red Hat.

I am now curious about the function 'time__clocks_per_sec', which purports
to return the number of clock ticks per second.
 I assume it returns the value for the platform it is executed on. In the
case of my humble install this is 1000000.

Playing around with EalpsedRealTime from time__times I concluded the values
returned were centiseconds.
I've had a counter running for a couple of days that suggests this, if not
spot on,  is very close to the mark.
This is on a P2 (or P3... I'll have to pull the lid off and look) runining
RH 7.1.

My questions:
      Does time__clocks_per_sec return a meaningful value?
      How is it fixed/determined?
      What is its relationship to ElapsedRealTime given that, in my case,
it is a multiple?

Regards,
Ian