[mercury-users] :- pragma doc

Manuel Hermenegildo herme at clip.dia.fi.upm.es
Fri Oct 25 18:05:44 AEST 2002

> Is there any support for embedding arbitrary non-code information in a
> Mercury file aside from comments? I believe there was once a proposal for
>
> :- doc("foo").
>
> or something like that, how about ignoring unrecognised pragmas, so that
> people can say things like
>
> :- pragma doc("blah").
> :- pragma my_special_directive([1,2,3]).
>
> or whatever, without bothering the compiler?

I don't know of anyone who has tried with Mercury, but people have
used 'lpdoc' for documenting Prolog programs in that way. lpdoc works
specially well with Ciao programs but people have used it for SICStus
and other Prologs. You can find it at:

http://www.clip.dia.fi.upm.es/Software/Ciao/#lpdoc

Cheers -- Manuel