[mercury-users] Math Module

Nancy Mazur Nancy.Mazur at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Oct 22 17:00:41 AEST 2002

* Noel  Pinto <cool4life at rediffmail.com> [2002-10-22 08:51]:
> >You omitted part of the error message.
> >The full error message contains an additional line:
> >
> > |	For more information, try recompiling with `-E'.
> >
> >Please follow the compiler's directions!
> >Then you will get a more informative error message.
> >In the current release-of-the-day version of Mercury,
> >the more verbose message that you get with `-E' is this:
> >
> > |	You will need to add an explicit type qualification to
> >resolve the
> > |	type ambiguity.
> > |	The way to add an explicit type qualification is to use
> >"with_type".
> > |	For details see the "Explicit type qualification"
> >sub-section
> > |	of the "Data-terms" section of the "Syntax" chapter
> > |	of the Mercury langauge reference manual.
> >
> >Is that clear?
> >
> >P.S. Please make sure you include *all* the relevant information
> >in your
> >emails, including exactly which version of Mercury you are
> >using.
>
> when I add -E I get a message different from that which is
> mentioned I have compiler 0.10.1 The command and the message are
> as below...
>
> $ mmake -E ceil_floor

Arghh. Fergus wrote in one of his replies to you that -E can be used
either in a straigthforward way, as an option to "mmc", or, if you are
using Mmakefiles, in the appropriate EXTRA_MCFLAGS, or MCFLAGS variable.
But -E is _not_ a mmake option.

Please consult the mmake-reference to how to pass this compiler option
through mmake, or if your ceil_floor is simply a one-file project, use
	mmc -E ceil_floor
instead

You could have deduced this on your own:

> make: invalid option -- E

as mmake issued the error that -E is an unknown option for it.

Ciao,
Nancy