[mercury-users] Math Module

Ralph Becket rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Oct 22 14:38:00 AEST 2002

Noel  Pinto, Tuesday, 22 October 2002:
> Fergus I have Mercury Compiler version 0.10.1 and I am currently
> not using thr rotd. I do not get the verbose message as you tell
> me. Instead, I get a list of options to work with the command and
> it tells me what each of them does.

Why not tell us exactly what command line you used to try to build your
program (and the contents of any Mmakefile you might have etc.)?

Then we could tell you what you've done wrong.

The -E flag has been around since way before 0.10.1

You can either specify -E somewhere on the command line for mmc or as
part of the EXTRA_MCFLAGS variable in your Mmakefile or local
environment.

> Hope this expalins why I have not been mentioning that line.
>
> Since you have mentioned rotd, I want to know....
> 1) How stable is it?

We have stable and unstable rotds.

The former pass all our tests.

The latter may fail some tests.

The stable ROTDs should be *less* buggy than the current official
release.  The ROTDs may contain some functionality that may not appear
in the subsequent official release and which may not be fully
documented as yet.  The NEWS file should describe all the changes since
the current official release.  We take backwards compatibility
seriously.

> 2) How do I uninstall Mercury version 0.10.1 so that I install the
> rotd.

There is a section called "De-installation" at the end of the INSTALL
file in the top-level directory of the distribution.

- Ralph