[mercury-users] mmc --make and headers

Simon Taylor stayl at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jul 11 18:24:35 AEST 2002

On 11-Jul-2002, Michael Day <mikeday at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> There is a module posix.read.m which includes text.h from the same
> directory in a pragma c_header.
>
> I usually build this module from another directory, using the
> Mercury.modules file for the compiler to find it. This works with
> 2002-05-12, but fails with 2002-07-09 as it can't seem to find the text.h
> header file any more.
>
> Any tips?

If text.mh (the names of the generated header files have changed)
is generated from text.m, you should import it using
`:- pragma c_import_module(text)', not
`:- pragma c_header("#include ""text.mh""")'.

`:- pragma c_import_module' gives `mmc --make' the dependency
information it needs to make sure that text.h is built before
posix.read.o.

Simon.