[mercury-users] mdb and input redirection

Dave Slutzkin dave_slutzkin at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 19:49:31 AEDT 2002

 --- David Overton <dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 11:13:36AM +1100, Dave Slutzkin wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way to run a program through mdb with stdin redirected?
>
> Yes it is possible.  You just need to tell mdb where to read the
> debugger commands from (since you presumable don't want to redirect that
> to the same place).

When using gdb you can use the command 'run param1 < input1' - I was thinking
of something like that.  This allows you to be fully interactive with the
debugger, but still run the program exactly as you like.

Since I barely know what I want before I start debugging, I need to be fully
interactive with the debugger.  Guess I'm stuck with cut and paste.

thanks,

Dave.

http://my.yahoo.com.au - My Yahoo!
- It's My Yahoo! Get your own!