[mercury-users] Memory Query

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jan 21 16:51:24 AEDT 2002

On 15-Jan-2002, Paul Massey <pma at miscrit.be> wrote:

> >   >  	Mercury runtime: array__set: array index out of bounds
> >
> >   My first guess is that this is a bug in your code.
>
> It's also a problem for the mercury library package :-)
>
> The runtime error message provides only part of the
> information required to identify a problem and could be
> expanded. ie. what index <value> is out of what bounds
> <value> to <value> ?

This is a good suggestion.  A change to include this extra information
in the error message has been checked in to our CVS repository, and will
be included in future releases.  (Thanks Ralph!)

> Also, where was the exception thrown from (backtrace) ?

This information is not readily available unless you compile with
debugging information enabled.  If you do compile with debugging
information enabled, then the runtime system will print a backtrace.