[mercury-users] deep profiling libs

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jan 7 17:51:56 AEDT 2002

On 05-Jan-2002, Mostyn Bramley-Moore <mostynm at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> ml --deep-profiling -o simple simple_init.o simple.o
> gcc: /usr/local/mercury/lib/mercury/lib/asm_fast.gc.proftime/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libmer_std.a: No such file or directory
> gcc: /usr/local/mercury/lib/mercury/lib/asm_fast.gc.proftime/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libmer_rt.a: No such file or directory

The reference to asm_fast.gc.proftime indicates that ml is trying to link in
the libraries appropriate for mprof-style profiling, not deep profiling.

I'll look into this further, but in the meantime, recompile your program
from scratch after putting "GRADE = asm_fast.gc.profdeep" at the top of your
Mmakefile.

Zoltan.