[mercury-users] Mutual Exclusivity & Exhaustiveness

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jan 3 16:21:07 AEDT 2002

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 03:04:08PM +1100, Ralph Becket wrote:
> Simon Taylor, Thursday,  3 January 2002:
> > The disjunction mimics how code using the promise is written.
> > It also has the correct variable scoping rules.
> > I don't see how a list is any more correct. The elements of
> > the "list" don't have the same type.
>
> Okay, if we say that ";" should be read as exclusive-or in a
> promise_exclusive declaration.

That's what the `is det' tells you.

David
--
David Overton      Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
PhD Student        The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia