[mercury-users] Emacs mode; a_solution?

Douglas Michael Auclair dauclair at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 3 00:53:05 AEDT 2002

Hi, I'm starting to program in Mercury to address some issues I have parsing
a data description language.  I have a few questions:

* Is there an emacs mode somewhere?  I'm not looking for gud.el (I think),
I'm looking for a fontifier, indenter, and (aiming high) interpreter for
Mercury code in Emacs.

* How does one get only 1 solution of n solutions?  For example, how would
one implement next_permutation([1, 2, 3, 4], L)?  The documentation makes it
sound trivial, but I seem to be missing some fundamentals to get there.

* Is there a method to solving a system of equations (m variables over n
equations, m <= n)?  Not talking CLP, as there is only one solution over the
systems I'm working ... I get unbound errors when I try:

system_of_eqns(A, B) :-  2 * A + B = 5, A - B = 7.

* Writing of CLP ... is constraints.m available for hacking on (I saw
mention of it in an archive)?  I saw the CLP(R) implementation in the extras
package with the associated warnings.  I was wondering if there was an
open-source, freely-usable implementation to work on and to use.  HAL seems
like it's too far from Mercury for what I need.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair