[mercury-users] Libraries Installation

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Dec 20 01:42:54 AEDT 2002

On 19-Dec-2002, Noel  Pinto <cool4life at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to build libraries. Now, to install a library is:
>
> mmake libfilename.install
>
> Suppose I have created a new library with the updated features;
> how do I uninstall the old version of the library to install the
> new version of the library???
>
> Plz do explain how do I uninstall them.

Currently there is no support for uninstalling individual libraries,
except by manually removing the associated files.

If uninstalling individual libraries is important, then it's probably
easiest if you use the INSTALL_PREFIX variable to install each library
in a different install directory; then you can uninstall the library by just
using "rm -r" to delete the whole install directory.

However, if you want to install a new version of a library, you don't
need to uninstall first -- you can just install the new version over
the top of the old version.