[mercury-users] constrained polymorphic mode error

Tom Schrijvers Tom.Schrijvers at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Aug 10 04:14:18 AEST 2002

> That one looks to me at first glance like a compiler bug.
> When I tried to simplify the test case, the compiler threw up its hands
> ("Uncaught Mercury exception: Software Error: ... unify_inst failed"),
> which indicates that it is definitely a bit confused about these constructs.
>
> Thanks for reporting this -- we will look into it and see if we can
> come up with a fix.
>
> Note that this is a fairly new feature, which is not included in the
> latest stable release, so I guess it is not *too* suprising that it
> may have some bugs.

I am aware that it is not part of the stable release yet.
I have been looking at the stable release first and trying to get my closures
implemented there, but the modes wouldn't work out. So I was really glad
to see this feature in the current snapshot, because it looks like the
solution to my problems.

Thanks for the reply and for implementing this great feature!

Tom