[mercury-users] Modes problem

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sat May 19 03:25:53 AEST 2001

On 18-May-2001, Ralph Becket <rbeck at microsoft.com> wrote:
> [...]

Well, that's good style, but it is not always necessary,
and it is not what is causing the problem here.

Simon Taylor's diagnosis of the problem is accurate.

> I've found that unfortunately you often get odd, unhelpful
> error messages if you omit the determinism from a lambda or
> predicate using inline modes.

That's unfortunately true.  However, I've recently been working
on improving that.  Currently my changes are not yet ready to
commit, but hopefully I'll be able to finish them off and commit
them into our cvs repository sometime soon.