[mercury-users] maintaining state in instances of typeclasses

John Eikenberry jae at zhar.net
Wed May 16 11:39:51 AEST 2001

Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

<snip>
> By _far_ the most effective way to use Mercury is to use it as a declarative
> language.  If you want C++, Java, Eiffel, Smalltalk, &c, you know where to
> find them.  Mercury has been designed to support an entirely different way
> of thinking about programming.

This reminds me of something I thought of the other day. A new tutorial for
Mercury, along the lines of an "Imperitive/Object Oriented Deprogramming"
turorial. A short guide to help us break us of the habit of thinking about
programming in those terms. I think this would be useful to people trying
to switch from those programming styles and to those, like me, for whom its
been awhile.

Just a thought.

--

John Eikenberry