[mercury-users] Tuple type class instances

Michael Day mikeday at lendtech.com.au
Thu Jun 21 21:02:04 AEST 2001

> This was discussed in detail on the mercury-developers list a while back,
> when we were discussing the proposal to add support for tuples.
> I suggest you check the mailing list archives.

The last snippet I can find is this:

   I think this is something that we can reasonably hope to achieve
   without too much difficulty. More on this in an upcoming message!

And then the thread appears to peter out, as far as I can tell.
Was the conclusion that it was too hard, or just a low priority task? Even
decomposable tuples where the compose/decompose is O(N) would be a big
plus, I think.

Michael