[mercury-users] Event handling in mercury

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 24 02:51:12 AEST 2001

Ouch!

I personally doubt that Mercury will become mainstream in the
way that Java, C++, C# etc. are.

Learning Mercury requires taking on board a coding style and
set of concepts that mainstream languages generally only pay
lip service to.  This makes me think that it's fine to pick
a readily understandable keyword rather than buy into the
unfortunate tradition of C++, Java, C#...

- Ralph