[mercury-users] Examples of posix module

John Eikenberry jae at zhar.net
Sun Apr 29 15:04:48 AEST 2001

Are there any examples of the posix extras module available (besides
hello.m that comes with it)? I assume it was originally written for use in
something, but having found its original annoucement and searching for
related discussions by the author I've come up with nothing. I'm hoping
there is at least some bit of software that uses it, as I'm having not much
luck figuring it out myself.

It being the first bit of mercury I'm dealing with I'm sure is of no help.
But its necessary for my first project I'm going to do in my little self
taught training course.

My goal is to figure out how to use posix select to monitor stdin/stdout.
And while I'd like to figure this out myself from examples and docs, if its
easier to just show me how to do it I'd appreciate a basic example. I have
use select before, but only in python. I also have some prolog experience,
but it was a few years ago and never with select.

Thanks.

--

John Eikenberry
[jae at zhar.net - http://zhar.net]