[mercury-users] ok/[01] and file descriptors

John Eikenberry jae at zhar.net
Mon Apr 16 08:28:01 AEST 2001

Hey all. After a short busy period at work, I've got time again to continue
teaching myself mercury. I pretty much started over again and am currently
working through the reference manual (up to modes), the tutorial (through
types) and trying to figure out the extras posix module. In the process I've
come up with a couple questions.

1. Where are ok/1 and ok/0 explained? If they're not, could someone explain
them. I've searched the site, mail archives, grepped through the docs and the
compiler distribution. They are mentioned in the comments of some declarations
but never described themselves (that I could find).

2. I'm figuring out the posix module because I need to use select over
stdin and stdout. select expects file descripter pointers, and I've not
having much luck in figuring out how to get these for stdin/stdout. Any
tips?

Thanks.

--

John Eikenberry