[mercury-users] [petdr at miscrit.be: Report on the ICFP 2000 prog contest]

schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Sep 6 12:42:30 AEDT 2000

On  6 Sep, David Overton wrote:

> One way this bug could have been avoided would be by using different
> types for the object space points and world space points.

In this case, I guess that would make sense.  But this sort of thing
happens because two different things should each naturally be given the
same name.  This tends to happen when they have the same type.

>> Anyway, how did you try to debug it?  I would have thought the
>> declarative debugger would have pinpointed it very quickly.
>
> We didn't use the declarative debugger

Out of curiosity, why not?

--
Peter Schachte                     The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its
mailto:schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        teaching should, therefore, be regarded