[mercury-users] first argument to spawn.

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Sep 6 05:50:44 AEDT 2000

On 05-Sep-2000, Peter Ross <peter.ross at miscrit.be> wrote:
> I have just been trying to justify why the first argument to spawn is a
> cc_multi closure,  I find the argument quite weak.
> Spawn itself should be cc_multi, but the first argument to spawn should
> be able to be det or cc_multi.
> Have I missed something obvious?

No, there would be absolutely nothing wrong with adding another mode
of `spawn' for which the first argument has determinism `det'.

Note that a `det' closure C can be used anywhere that a `cc_multi'
closure is allowed by simply using a lambda expression
`(pred(...) is cc_multi :- C(...))'.