[mercury-users] field updates

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Oct 23 12:27:50 AEDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 03:09:33AM +0200, david wallin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've, without much luck, tried to figure out how field updates work.
> Could someone direct me to some working examples (i.e. source code)
> on how to do this ?

There is an example in the reference manual.  See

	http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/information/doc/reference_manual_3.html#SEC35

If you want a real life working example, there are many uses of field
update in the compiler itself (which you presumably already have the
source code for, since you are useing a recent ROTD).  Just do a grep
for ':=' in the compiler directory.

Alternatively, you could look at our ICFP competition entry which also
uses this feature.  See
	http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/information/events/icfp2000.html
for details of how to obtain the source code for this.

David
--
David Overton      Department of Computer Science & Software Engineering
PhD Student        The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia