[mercury-users] MCORBA

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jul 26 03:55:27 AEST 2000

On 25-Jul-2000, Michael Day <mcda at students.cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:

> Does Mercury have any support for COM in addition to CORBA?

>From what I've heard, Mission Critical have developed a tool for
interfacing Mercury with COM.  But I don't remember the details, and I
don't know whether they have made that tool publically available.

> If not, will this change in light of the recent .NET related announcement?

Yes.  The MS .NET framework provides easy interoperation with existing
COM components (at least for COM components which support Automation(?)).
MS provide a tool which takes a COM component and converts it into
a .NET component.