[mercury-users] MCORBA

Roy Ward rward at infoscience.otago.ac.nz
Tue Jul 25 09:43:17 AEST 2000

Is there any work still being done on MCORBA?
I notice that the last public release is 0.2
in Dec 1998.

I'm curious because MCORBA is a tool for a
project that I'm working on, and I'm a little
concerned that it might not be maintained
anymore.

I've mamaged to get MCORBA going (with a hack
or two) with the recently released omniORB 3.0.0,
but it's very untidy, and I was wondering if
there were any plans to upgrade it at any stage?

At this stage, MCORBA pretty much does what I
want, but it's politically useful to tell my
"Why aren't you using Java like the rest of us?"
colleagues that all the bits I require for
linking to the rest of the project are still
being maintained.

Cheers,
Roy Ward,
Research Slave,