[mercury-users] WFLP'2000 (Call for attendance)

Salvador Lucas Alba slucas at dsic.upv.es
Wed Jul 5 03:57:34 AEST 2000

Please find attached the WFLP'2000 Preliminary Program and Registration
Form. The deadline for early registration is July 25, 2000.

If you haven't registered yet, please do so soon.

   PRELIMINARY PROGRAM, CALL FOR ATTENDANCE AND REGISTRATION FORM

                           WFLP'2000
   9th International Workshop on Functional and Logic Programming

                       Benicassim (Spain)
                     September 28-30, 2000
	             Ayuntamiento de Benicassim
		                  La Caixa

CONFERENCE VENUE
****************
Villa Elisa
Paseo Maritimo Pilar Coloma
12.560 Benicassim, Castellon (Spain).

PRELIMINARY PROGRAM
*******************
The technical program for the conference includes 38 papers and 2 guest
lectures (to be announced, see:
http://www.dsic.upv.es/users/elp/WFLP2000/index.html).

SOCIAL EVENTS
*************
A  welcome  reception  will be held at Villa Elisa on Thursday evening,
September 28. On Friday afternoon, September 29, there will be a guided
tour to Valencia followed by the conference dinner.

For   people   accompanying  the  participants,  please  refer  to  the
registration fees and registration form.

REGISTRATION FEES
*****************
The registration form must be completed and returned to the  Conference
Secretariat (by fax: +34 96 3877359 or e-mail wflp2000 at dsic.upv.es).

Registration for all participants includes:
welcome reception (September 28), attendance to the scientific sessions
(paper presentations and guest lectures),  coffee during breaks and one
copy of the proceedings.

For  regular participants,  fees  also include the Excursion and Social
Dinner (September 29).

Optional  lunch  tickets are available to all WFLP2000 participants for
2.000  ptas.  per person per day. Lunches will (hopefully) be served at
the Voramar  Hotel  (2-minute  walk).  Please use the registration form
to make reservations.  Some lunch tickets may be available for purchase
during the conference, but are subject to availability.

Additional  tickets for  the social events  (excursion  and  conference
dinner), and additional copies of the proceedings may be ordered on the
registration form, or purchased at the workshop.

The registration fees are (in pesetas - ptas -, 1 EUR0 = 166 ptas):

  |                        early registration  | late registration   |
  |                         (before July 25)   |  (after July 25)    |
  |____________________________________________|_____________________|
  |                                            |                     |
  | regular                     27.000 ptas    |     35.000 ptas     |
  | students*                   15.000 ptas    |     23.000 ptas     |
  |                                            |                     |
  | optional lunch ticket        2.000 ptas    |      2.000 ptas     |
  |                                            |                     |
  | extra proceedings            2.500 ptas    |      2.500 ptas     |
  | extra social events ticket  10.000 ptas    |     10.000 ptas     |
  |____________________________________________|_____________________|

* For a limited number of  students,  registration at a special student
fee is possible provided they attach legible proof of full-time student
status.

PAYMENT
*******
Advance payment of the registration fee should be made in the following
way:

--Please make sure that your payment includes any bank charges or other
fees so that the organization of  WFLP'2000 receives the correct amount
in pesetas.

* In Spain: Payment must be made by money transfer.
 ---------

     Bank account information
     ------------------------
        Beneficiary:         WFLP 2000
        Beneficiary address: Facultad Informatica Valencia
        Country:             Spain

        Bank:         Caja de Ahorros y Pensiones de Barcelona
                      'La Caixa'
        Bank address: Plaza Cronista Chabret, 11 (E-46500 SAGUNTO)
        Bank code:    Entidad 2100, Oficina 2199, DC 19
        Account no.:  2100 2199 19 02 00114500
        Phone:        96 266 41 35
        Fax:          96 265 06 57

* Outside Spain: Payment must be made by  international money transfer.
  -------------  Please ask your  bank to  arrange the transfer free of
                 charges to the beneficiary. Please make sure that your
                 own  name is  clearly legible in order to ensure  that
                 your payment will be correctly registered.

      Bank account information
      ------------------------
        Beneficiary:         WFLP 2000
        Beneficiary address: Facultad Informatica Valencia
        Country:             Spain

        Bank:         Caja de Ahorros y Pensiones de Barcelona
                      'La Caixa'
        Bank address: Cronista Chabret 11 (46500 SAGUNTO)
        Bank code:    Sagunto 2199
        SWIFT:        CAIXES BB 666
        Account no.:  2199 02 00114500
        Phone:        +34 96 266 41 35
        Fax:          +34 96 265 06 57

No  forms will be processed  without payment.  We regret that it is not
possible to accept cheques or credit cards.

In order to receive the early registration rate,  your registration and
payment  should be received by  July 25, 2000.  On-site registration is
only possible in Spanish currency in cash.

CANCELLATIONS
*************
A  written notification of cancellation  must be sent to the Conference
Secretariat.  The  refund request will be honored if  postmarked before
September 10, but a service charge of 15% of the  registration fee will
be  withheld.  For cancellations  received after 10 September and up to
three  days before the start of the  conference, 50% of the amount will
be refunded. After that no refunds will be given.

HOTEL ACCOMODATION
******************

There are  several  hotels which have  agreed to accommodate  WFLP'2000
participants:

Hotel VORAMAR *** (2-min. walk from the workshop site,
                   at the very seashore, overlooking the sea,
                   excellent restaurant, TV, full bathrooms)
Paseo Coloma, 1
12560 Benicassim (Castellon, Spain)
Phone +34 964 300150
Fax   +34 964 300526
http://www.lugaresdivinos.com/p129.htm

Hotel EL CID *** (10-min. walk from the workshop site,
                  50 m. from the beach, air conditioning, TV,
                  overlooking the sea, full bathrooms,
                  --no restaurant in September!--)
Carretera de Las Playetas S/N. Km. 83 (next to "Villas Benicassim")
12594 Oropesa del Mar (Castellon, Spain)
Phone +34 964 300700
      +34 616 156508
Fax   +34 964 304878
http://www.hotelworld.com/spain/groups/husa/hotellist.html

Hotel TRAMONTANA ** (5-min. walk from the workshop site,
                     cafeteria, 50 m. from the beach,
                     TV, full bathrooms)
Avda. Ferrandis Salvador, 6
12560 Benicassim (Castellon, Spain)
Phone +34 964 300300
      +34 964 215126
Fax   +34 964 252137

Hotel Intur-Bonaire **** (10-min. walk, 200 m. from the beach,
                          air conditioning, jacuzzi, swimming pool,
                          gym, TV, full bathrooms)
Avda. Gimeno Tomas, 3
12560 Benicassim (Castellon, Spain)
Phone +34 964 392480
Fax   +34 964 392379
http://www.intur.com/intur/www/uk/hoteles/bonaire/iindex.htm

Hotel rates per person per day are (in pesetas, taxes included):

               |   single    |    double   |   triple    |
               |_____________|_____________|_____________|
VORAMAR   ***  |  8.600 ptas | 10.600 ptas | 13.200 ptas |
               |_____________|_____________|_____________|
EL CID    ***  |  7.300 ptas |  8.800 ptas |   --------  |
               |_____________|_____________|_____________|
TRAMONTANA **  |  4.200 ptas |  6.800 ptas |  9.200 ptas |
               |_____________|_____________|_____________|
INTUR-         | 12.600 ptas | 16.600 ptas | 20.800 ptas |
BONAIRE  ****  |_____________|_____________|_____________|

Breakfast is ONLY included in the room rates of the  Hotels  Tramontana
and INTUR-BONAIRE.

Hotel reservation and payments  (either by credit card or cash) will be
made directly to the hotel.
You  may  use  the form below sending it to the hotel preferably before
July 25.

More hotels in: http://mirai.hotelsearch.com/2/state/
                http://hotelsearch.com/

LOCATION AND TRAVEL INSTRUCTIONS
********************************
Benicassim is a  coastal city of  Arabic origin.  The  name  Benicassim
means "sons of Casim". In the 19th century, numerous summer houses were
built by wealthy families from Valencia. Benicassim  offers  6 Kms.  of
superb sandy beaches on a gently sloping shore,  free from currents and
tides. In the surroundings,  you will  find:  tennis,  golf,  minigolf,
sailing  club, aero-club,  shooting  club,  riding  school and stables,
waterpark,  etc.  The  weather  in  September is  very  pleasant,  with
temperatures of about 25 degrees centigrade.

Travel instructions
-----------------------
Benicassim  is  14 Kms.  north of  Castellon,  which is the  capital of
Castellon province. It is between Valencia (80 Kms south of Benicassim)
and Barcelona (275 Kms. north of Benicassim).

BY AIR: The  nearest  international  airport is in  Valencia  which  is
        served  by most  major airlines,  with direct  flights to  most
        important cities. The airport is located in Manises, 10 Km from
        the city of Valencia.  A taxi from the airport to the centre of
        the city should cost approx. 2.000 pesetas.

        How to reach Benicassim from Valencia (80 Kms.)
            ** By train from the railway station ("Estacion de RENFE"):
               there is one train to Castellon every single hour.
            ** By bus from "Estacion de autobuses": several times a day.

       The international airport of  Barcelona (in 'El Prat') is bigger
       than   Manises   and  is   better  connected  to   international
       destinations.  There is a direct  train from the  airport to the
       railway station  ('Sants').  There are also a  number of  trains
       each day from Barcelona to Castellon.

BY CAR: Participants travelling by car from  European countries  should
        cross the  French border at  "La Junquera" and then  follow the
        directions to  Gerona, Barcelona, Tarragona and Castellon. Take
        the exit in the direction of  Oropesa and then follow the signs
        to Benicassim.

More information will be available at the home page of the workshop.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Benicassim next September.

REGISTRATION AND ACCOMODATION FORMS
***********************************
   Please complete (block letters) and return this form and payment
   before July 25 to:

   WFLP'2000 (Att. Maria Alpuente)
   Departamento de Sistemas Informaticos y Computacion
   Universidad Politecnica de Valencia
   Camino de Vera s/n,  E-46022 VALENCIA (SPAIN)
   Fax: +34 96 387 73 59
   Email: wflp2000 at dsic.upv.es

---------------------------CUT
HERE-----------------------------------------

                      WFLP'2000 - REGISTRATION FORM
                 _______________________________________

  Email: wflp2000 at dsic.upv.es

Last Name ______________________________________________________________

First Name _____________________________________________________________

Affiliation ____________________________________________________________

Address ________________________________________________________________

City ____________________________ State/Province _______________________

POST/ZIP Code _____________________ Country ____________________________

Phone _______________________________ Fax ______________________________

Email _________________________________________________________________

AFFILIATION (Please check):      [ ] Regular     [ ] Student
REGISTRATION (Please check):     [ ] Early       [ ] Late

                                           Amount ________________ ptas

OPTIONAL LUNCH TICKETS           _____ tickets at 2.000 ptas

                                           Amount ________________ ptas

ADDITIONAL PROCEEDINGS           _____ copies at 2.500 ptas

                                           Amount ________________ ptas

ADDITIONAL SOCIAL EVENTS TICKETS _____ tickets at 10.000 ptas

                                           Amount ________________ ptas

				     TOTAL AMOUNT ________________ ptas
Date:  ________________

   Please  complete (block letters) and send this form before July 25 to
   YOUR HOTEL:
   **********
--------------CUT HERE--------------------------------------------------

                                  WFLP'2000