[mercury-users] socket support in io

Paul Massey pma at miscrit.be
Mon Oct 4 18:47:12 AEST 1999

> Yes please, I would be very interested to see your
> implementation. One question though, what license is your
> code under? (I'm working on a GPL'd project, don't want to
> get beaten around the head by a lawyer if I take
> inspiration from something cool that you've done :)

It'll be GPL'ed the same as Mercury - since part of the
package is a modified version of io.m, it would be difficult
for it to be otherwise licensed.

The new version has been checked only on the WinNT system
(native C compiler). The Mercury level interface remains the
same though so moving between the versions shouldn't cause a
problem. The previous version can be pulled from
ftp://ftp.miscrit.be/users/pma/libnet.tar.gz and that
includes the documentation ....

Paul.