[mercury-users] socket support in io

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sun Oct 3 04:16:59 AEST 1999

On 01-Oct-1999, Tomas By <tomas at research.nj.nec.com> wrote:
> Michael Day writes:
> > One
> > question though, what license is your code under? (I'm working on a GPL'd
> > project, don't want to get beaten around the head by a lawyer if I take
> > inspiration from something cool that you've done :)
>
> This comment is so depressing. Maybe you could worry about that once
> you've bloody _done something_.
>
> You're not likely to be bothered by any lawyers before that...

In some ways, license problems are just like the other kinds
of problems that can affect the software process: the later in
the software lifecycle that you discover a problem, the more
trouble it is likely to be to fix it.  So it pays to check these
kinds of things out sooner rather than later.  I'd consider it
good software engineering practice.