[mercury-users] socket support in io

Michael Day mikeday at corplink.com.au
Sat Oct 2 00:23:12 AEST 1999

Hi,

has anyone done any socket programming in Mercury before? There do not
appear to be any socket functions in the io module; would it make sense
for an application to define its own in such a way as to allow use of the
io routines for acting on binary streams?

However, from what I can see the io module does not appear to have
inherent support for non-blocking io either. Is it worth an application
attempting to extend the io module at all, or just carve out its own? Are
there any significant changes waiting in the future for the io module?

thank you for any assistance, we (the WorldForge project,
www.worldforge.org) are attempting to make use of Mercury in order to
develop our distributed server ideas. For now I guess I'll dredge through
what I can find of MCORBA to see if it uses sockets :)

Michael