[mercury-users] undefined references

Aaron Olson arolsn at mta.ca
Sun Nov 28 08:04:29 AEDT 1999

hello from a new mercury user!

some friends and i have chosen to use mercury in our project for our
programming languages class and i haven been unable to compile the sample
hello.m program that came with 0.8.1

i've got the binary distribution for a gnu linux i686...after i "make
hello.depend" and "mmake hello" i get literally 5 screens full of 'unknown
references' to things like '_IO_stderr_'

my paths are set up properly and i honestly can't fingure out the
problem. i apologize for a post like this (especially my first one) but
i'm at my wits' end; the project is soon due.

thanks in advance,

aaron olson
mount allison university
sackville, newbrunswick, canada