[mercury-users] Microsoft's financial support

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at hermes.otago.ac.nz
Wed Nov 10 09:43:44 AEDT 1999

	Fergus> |	There's nothing wrong with taking money away from Microsoft.
	Fergus> |		-Richard Stallman.

I note that
 - Stallman isn't everyone's idea of Moses or Solon.
 - whether there is anything wrong with _taking money away_ from Microsoft,
   the issue is surely whether it is wise to _become dependent on_ money
   from Microsoft.
 - if this in any way results in _less_ effort going into Unix and MacOS
   versions of Mercury, it gores _my_ ox, so you can't expect me to be
   pleased with it.