FW: [mercury-users] Records

Peter Schachte schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Nov 10 09:44:56 AEDT 1999

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 10:12:49PM +1100, Michael Day wrote:
> I'd agree that we're stuck with ASCII when it comes to writing programs,
> at least for the time being (is it possible to add UNICODE comments using
> UTF-8 encoding? What about UNICODE identifiers?).

That should be fine if the compiler handles it.  But adding funky
characters to the *language* is a different matter.  I'd hope Japanese
Mercury users could write their programs in kanji, only using ascii
for language keywords and library calls.

> But to get LaTeX
> symbols, can we just write: \all x \exists y (P(x) \implies Q(y)) and have
> a fancy editor that displays them in the graphical font of our
> choice? :)

Sounds good.  Where do I get such an editor?  I'm assuming it would be
a structure editor.  I've wanted one since I stopped being able to use
the Interlisp-D environment.

--
Peter Schachte                     [A computer is] like an Old Testament
mailto:schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        god, with a lot of rules and no mercy.