[mercury-users] Shared libraries on Solaris x86?

Geoff Wilson gmwils at cat.cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Nov 9 00:36:16 AEDT 1999

	Following the instructions in the INSTALL script, I was wondering if
there was a likelihood of shared library support for Solaris x86 being
supported. It may be that it is, and I've done something bad to my Solaris
setup so that configure doesn't pick it up.

> uname -a
SunOS quirk 5.6 Generic_105182-11 i86pc i386 i86pc
> mmc
Mercury Compiler, version rotd-1999-11-05, configured for i386-pc-solaris2.6
Copyright (C) 1993-1999 The University of Melbourne

	This was the 'accadmic' version released at a cut price to
non-commercial users and came without a C compiler, but with all the other
required compiler tools. (Thus gcc could be dropped in without problem)

	As far as I can tell, shared libraries have worked for other
distributions that I have compiled on this machine.

Geoff

--
   a paranoid is just someone with all of the facts at his disposal
               - william seaward burroughs  1914-1997

Geoff M. Wilson <gmwils at zark.thedonkeys.org>  www.zark.thedonkeys.org/~gmwils