[mercury-users] FreeBSD/Linux glib 2.1 port status?

Marko Schuetz marko at ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Fri Nov 5 04:10:14 AEDT 1999

>>>>> "Geoff" == Geoff Wilson <gmwils at cat.cs.mu.OZ.AU> writes:

Geoff> 	Are there any plans to port Mercury to FreeBSD. Much and all
Geoff> as I can get this running as an emulated linux binary, it would
Geoff> be significantly nicer if there was a native port. There are
Geoff> BSDI patches in the 0.8.1 distribution, however I couldn't get
Geoff> them to help with compiling on FreeBSD.

Geoff,

I have mercury-compiler-rotd-1999-10-12 running on

kind% uname -s -r
FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE

The tracer didn't compile in this one, though Fergus told me that in
the current rotd some names were changed to circumvent a name space
bug in some FreeBSD inlude files. Presently, IMHO the most annying
thing is that the Boehm GC will not work in executables linked to
shared libs, so you need to link statically...

Marko
Marko Schütz            marko at cs.uni-frankfurt.de
http://www.ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/~marko/