[mercury-users] Handy Programming tool for Mercury.

Ralph Becket rwab1 at cam.sri.com
Wed May 19 19:15:42 AEST 1999

Erwan Jahier wrote on 11 May:
> | I've written an Awk script, state2m, to simplify the coding up of
> | `state containers' in Mercury
>
> It looks nice.
>
> Is there any strong reason why didn't you implement that script in Mercury
> itself ?

I considered using Mercury, and it's doubtless the case that a Mercury
implementation would be more robust.  However, it's essentially a text
mangling task and it's easier to do that kind of thing in Awk.

If I/someone eventually gets around to providing a decent generic
parsing module then the next version will probably be in Mercury.

Cheers,

Ralph

--
Ralph Becket  |  rwab1 at cam.sri.com  |  http://www.cam.sri.com/people/becket.html