[mercury-users] Libraries and DCG convenience

Luke Evans Luke.Evans at seagatesoftware.com
Wed Jun 23 22:10:21 AEST 1999

Being a 'simple software engineer' ;-)  the bottom line for me is one of
practicality.  At the end of the day I want the simplest expression of the
semantics that the programming paradigm will allow (without sacrificing
'good design').  Obviously, some form of threading of state through
predicates is important for the Mercury paradigm, but I don't believe the
programmer should have to 'manage' the implied overhead.

My conclusion from the comments received so far is that this is an issue
(i.e. I wasn't missing any magic) and there might be ways to solve this
problem in a general way, but it looks like this might be a while in coming.

Lwe