[mercury-users] nedit syntax highlighting for Mercury

Luke Evans luke at amantha.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 13 00:01:02 AEST 1999

A more complete script for nedit Mercury support may exist elsewhere, but
here's a one I quickly knocked up.  It currently only defines a simple syntax
highlighting scheme (enough so I could 'see what I was doing' when I got
started with nedit for Mercury programming).

To install, simply run:
nedit -import mercury.txt

This will load the definitions from the file and merge them with existing
settings.

Then save your preferences (defaults) to have them written out to the ~/.nedit
file.

Luke

PS. I have since 'upgraded' to Visual SlickEdit for all my code editing needs
and have a rather more sophisticated environment in the making which includes
integration of the Mercury mmc and mmake commands, chromacoding and aliases for
generating skeletal syntax for new modules etc.

I'll post this up too as soon as I'm happy with it and have worked out the best
way to publish it!