[mercury-users] Mercury needs a Tutorial

Ralph Becket rwab1 at cam.sri.com
Fri Feb 12 20:56:21 AEDT 1999

Crikey!  There is certainly a great demand for this tutorial.  I
doub't I'll be able to satisfy everybody, but attached are my first
few offerings in HTML format.  I've written the text in a very simple
markup language using the m4 processor and it should be trivial to
turn it into texinfo or whatever if that is necessary.  Basically, I
don't know texinfo and I wanted to get started quickly.  A couple of
people have offered to let me have their own efforts at writing
tutorials and others have expressed an interest in co-authoring.  All
very welcome!

The files attached are the "Hello, World!" introduction, the (very)
basics of arithmetic and functions, and a bit of an introduction to
using lists.  Comments gratefully received.

Cheers,

Ralph

--
Ralph Becket  |  rwab1 at cam.sri.com  |  http://www.cam.sri.com/people/becket.html