[mercury-users] Mercury needs a Tutorial

Peeters Wim IMCEAEX-_O=BACOB_OU=000_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=WIPEETER at bacob.be
Fri Feb 12 21:36:25 AEDT 1999

When you make a tutorial, it's important to know at what level of students
you are teaching.
I was a computer-science teacher at a level between high-school and
university.

When you want to make a tutorial for that level, you should make it really
easy, and proceed very slowly, with not too much theory, but much examples.
My experience is, that these students learn best by example, not by theory.

When you want to make a tutorial for lets say 1st or 2nd year at university
(computer-science department of course), you can make it harder, with much
more theory, less examples.  I'd say, let the students figure out for
themselves how Mercury works.

At a higher level, I'd think the Mercury-papers that exist now, should be
enough to figure out the advanced programming skills.

Wim