[mercury-users] Mercury needs a Tutorial

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Feb 12 03:46:47 AEDT 1999

On 11-Feb-1999, Fred Yankowski <fcy at mcs.net> wrote:
> Also, for Mercury to be generally useful to me, I need to know how to
> fit it into larger heterogenous systems comprising C, C++, Perl,
> Python, and/or (yuck) Visual Basic code.  For example, how can I
> structure an application that runs Mercury code as part of servicing a
> web CGI call?  [You can see by this question that I haven't studied
> the available documentation and examples at any length.  The
> learning-cost/likely-usefulness ratio is just too high right now.  I
> expect a tutorial to lower that numerator value and, with any luck,
> increase the denominator as well.]

There is a Mercury CGI library that you can use much like a CGI library
for C or whatever.  It is not as well developed as the CGI libraries
for perl (which are extremely extensive) but it is enough to do useful
programs with.

Other possibilities for integration include the foreign language
interface (call C/C++/Fortran from Mercury or Mercury from C/C++/Fortran)
and the under development CORBA and COM interfaces.

--
The quantum sort:
	while (!sorted) { do_nothing(); }