[mercury-users] Modules, Submodules and Instances.

Peter Schachte schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Feb 2 11:18:54 AEDT 1999

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 03:42:42PM +0000, Ralph Becket wrote:
> I've noticed a drift from `name__' as a module qualifier to `name:' -
> personally I find the former easier on the eyes, but oh well.  ':' is
> yukky, '.' is nice.  How long will '__' stick around?  Will '.' ever
> make it in?

Just remember you won't be able to write

	module . predicate(...)

as you can in many languages that use . as a module qualifier.  Of
course, you could never write

	module __ predicate(...)

either (but then, __ was always a bit of a hack), but you can write

	module : predicate(...)

as long as : is the module separator.

--
Peter Schachte                     We're going to have the best-educated
mailto:schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        American people in the world.