[mercury-users] Abstract instantiations?

Warwick Harvey wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au
Mon Dec 13 11:50:58 AEDT 1999

Hi folks,

I thought I'd read somewhere a while back that Mercury now supported
abstract instantiations.  But I can't find them documented anywhere, and
trying to use them results in an error: e.g. if I put `:- inst foo.' in the
interface section, it complains there's no `=' in the declaration.  So now
I'm wondering whether I got confused between "abstract instantation
declarations" and "abstract instance declarations" (I believe the latter
_are_ supported).

Can anybody confirm whether or not abstract instantiation declarations are
supported?

Thanks,
Warwick