[mercury-users] Higher order programming

Lee Naish lee at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Apr 23 15:59:41 AEST 1999

>Multi-moded functions do make sense where the modes differ only in
>uniqueness, or in the determinism of a higher-order argument.
>
>Simon.

If you fix the mode a HO function call may have different determinisms
for different calls: if all its functional args are det then its det; if
any are semidet then its semidet.

Uniqueness is rather more tricky, but the solution is to put
uniqueness information into/on top of a *polymorphic* mode system
which also works for higher order.  I just have to work out a couple of
details... :-)

	lee