Gcc compiler problem

Lengyel Sandor hunnia at elender.hu
Thu Apr 15 02:01:20 AEST 1999

Probably due to a hardware problem, sometimes when I want to make a
mercury compiler from source, I get a

 Fatal internal compiler error with signal 11

If this happen during the make cycle, no problem, I just restart the
make.

However if it happens during the "make install" cycle everything is
kaput, as it was explained tom me, ("Kaput" was not used) since certain
thing point to the wrong libraries or includes.
  Unfortunately the "make install" cycle is quite long. Last night after
25 minutes it almost finished and than "Boom" signal 11.
 Question:
  Can the make install be done in smaller stages, or can I set something
manually, and than finish the cycle?
     Or
  Is the problem with my hardware? What can I do about the internal
compiler problem?

I just tried instead make install

scripts/nmake install_main

followed by

scripts/nmake intall_grades

(It is the second one which takes forever.)

Things do not seem to mess up this way, (seems to be provide the first
solution) but if there is a failure in install_grades, it seems to
restart from the beginning (of install_grades), which of course does not
help  much. (So I think I am out of luck.)

Thanks.

Sandor
--
 Lengyel Sándor