[mercury-users] Mercury programmer required ;-)

Peter Schachte pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Sep 25 14:40:44 AEST 1998

On Fri, Sep 25, 1998 at 01:57:13PM +1000, Warwick HARVEY wrote:
> > I still think doing maths on the character codes is the easiest,
> > fastest, and clearest solution, though.
>
> ... and relies on an ASCII character set.

The version I posted only relies on each of the cases of letters being
a contiguous sequence of codes (in alphabetical order).  As I recall,
EBCDIC doesn't satisfy that constraint, but who cares about IBMs
anyway?  Rot13 is a unix hack, anyway.

--
Peter Schachte                | What we cannot speak about we must pass over
mailto:pets at cs.mu.OZ.AU       | in silence.